26.6.10

Giving

This gift looks very pretty. It is a gift from someone I met for the very first time today. Very much as I have a sweet tooth, 20 pieces of 'nyonya kuih' is way too much to be consumed.

I was given this gift because I gave the giver something else first, of course, without expecting anything in return. I will be sharing it with others who has given me something else earlier.

Part of life is about giving and sharing. This is just an example of the day.


Quotes on Giving

"Before giving, the mind of the giver is happy; while giving, the mind of the giver is made peaceful; and having given, the mind of the giver is uplifted."
-Buddha -

"It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving."
-Mother Teresa-

"When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die."
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

"As I give, I get."
-Mary McLeod Bethune-

"Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life's blood. But everyone has something to give."
-Barbara Bush-

"Happiest are the people who give most happiness to others."
-Dennis Diderot-

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give."
-Winston Churchill-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails